The object of Joker Poker is to obtain a five-card poker hand that contains a winning combination. The better your hand, the bigger the payout (see the paytable on the machine). You choose how many and which of your cards are to be replaced. You may replace your cards only once.
Note: Joker Poker has wild Jokers, meaning that a Joker stands for any card. Hence the name of the game.
To play the game:
· Choose the value of the coins you wish to wager each round, by clicking on the + and – buttons on the left.
· Click Bet One or Bet Max to select the number of coins you wish to wager. Each click on the Bet One button increases your bet by the value of the coin you selected. Pressing Bet Max increases your bet to the maximum amount possible – that is five coins – and deals the cards automatically. You can also click the appropriate column on the winnings table to specify your bet size.
· Click Deal (if you did not press Bet Max).
· Choose which cards you wish to keep by pressing the Hold button underneath the card, or by clicking on the card itself.
· Click Deal to replace the cards that you did not choose to hold.
· If you do not obtain a winning combination, the round is over and you can start over. If you do obtain a winning combination, see the next section.
If you end up with a winning hand, you can accept the winning (press Collect), or you have the option to double it. Should you choose to double, the dealer draws an open card and you are given 4 unexposed cards to choose between. If you choose a card that is lower than the dealer's, you lose your original winning. If the cards are equal, it is a tie, and you have the option to collect your original winnings (press Collect) or double again. If your card is higher, you win double the amount of your original winnings. You then have the option to collect your winnings or double even further.
You can also choose to Half Double, which means you only double for a half of your winning amount. You cannot double, if your winning amount exceeds 2000.
Bet Max Bet all five coins with one click and deal cards automatically.
Bet One Bet one to five coins (click one to five times). Click Deal to receive your cards after that.
Deal Deal your cards and replaces the remaining cards after you have selected which cards to hold.
Hold Selects the cards you want to keep. You can also click on the card itself to hold it.
Paytable Click this button to see the paytable. Click it again, to make the paytable disappear.
History See the game history - dates, bets and results of your previous game rounds.
Help Open the help file (which you are reading right now).
Lobby Press this to exit the game and go back to the lobby. You can’t exit in the middle of a game round.
The paytable shows the winning amounts for $1 bets. Multiply the number in the paytable with your coin value. Number of coins increases from left to right: if you are betting one coin use the leftmost column, if you are betting two coins use the second column from the left, etc.